College Credit and Transfer Credits

Visit the Independent Learning catalog for courses in everything from mathematics, business, foreign languages, English, education, biology, sociology, history, and more—we currently offer nearly one hundred different classes for 1 to 5 undergraduate credits.

If you are already a college student, Independent Learning course credits may be applied toward an associate's or bachelor's degree, but you should work with an adviser at your home campus to make sure the course will transfer.

Students attending a University of Wisconsin System institution can check the Transfer Information System for more information.

Qualified high-school age students may take undergraduate courses for college credit. Registration must be approved by our advising staff, and students attending high school should discuss their plans with a high school counselor or principal prior to registration.

For questions, contact us at or 1-877-UW-LEARN (895-3276)

Play Transfer Information Video

See how the UW Transfer Informaton System can help you check how Independent Learning courses transfer to your UW campus.

Live Help

Student Services Person

You may ask your questions through online chat Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., U.S. Central Time.

View Our Course Catalog

Choose from nearly 100 courses in a wide range of subjects.

View Course Catalog