You may request official academic transcripts from our UW Extended Campus Office of the Registrar upon completion of an Independent Learning course. Official academic transcripts are available for Independent Learning courses completed with published final course grades. Our transcript service is included as part of the course administrative fee you paid up front at the time of registration and covers the lifetime cost of all requested transcripts sent via regular mail.
- Independent Learning transcripts are issued by University of Wisconsin Extended Campus.
- All transcripts are sent via regular postal mail unless expedited service is requested and paid for.
- Transcript requests are processed within three business days from the time we receive the request, provided final grades are available for all courses at the time your request is received.
- Only Independent Learning courses completed with published final course grades will appear on your transcript. Courses in which you withdrew, transferred out of or dropped will not appear on your transcript.
Overnight Mailing Information
- No paid expedited services are required for transcripts going to UW Madison as our offices utilize inter-campus mail, the fastest and only route available for sending a transcript to UW Madison’s campus. If you pay for overnight service to UW Madison your transcript will be sent via inter-campus mail and your payment will not be refunded.
- Requests for overnight transcripts will be charged $20 per recipient for expedited service and can only be sent to physical mailing addresses within the United States (no P.O. Box or international addresses). If you pay for overnight service to a P.O. Box address or international address, your transcript will be sent via regular mail and your payment will not be refunded.
- Due to staff working remotely during COVID-19, our outgoing mail and overnight pickups are limited to Tuesday and Friday mornings. To have your transcript mailed on a Tuesday, we must receive your transcript request and payment no later than 2pm central time (CST) on Monday. To have your transcript mailed on Friday, we must receive your request and payment no later than 2pm central time (CST) on Thursday. Any overnight request received after these times will be processed on the next Tuesday or Friday. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Overnight deliveries are not made on weekends and most holidays. Overnight requests processed on a Friday, or on the last business day before a holiday, will be delivered on the next business day.
- Overnight fees are nonrefundable.
Transcript Request Process
Log in to your Student Account and access your Courses section. Click on “Request Transcript” to complete the Transcript Request form available in your account and securely submit payment for any overnight processing requests, if applicable. This video walks you through the process of requesting a transcript online from your Student Account. If you do not have a Student Account, create one here. Creating an account now will also assist you with future transcript requests or course registrations.
If you are unable to access your Student Account or prefer to submit your request via email, fax, or mail, simply complete the Transcript Request Form and follow the submission instructions included on the form. If you need overnight service, you’ll also need to review the Overnight Transcript Payment Form and follow the payment submission instructions included on the form.