The University of Wisconsin Independent Learning Flexible Option pilot program is one of the initial offerings announced as a part of the UW Flexible Option. The UW Flexible Option is an innovative way to make UW degree and certificate programs more accessible, convenient, and affordable for adult and nontraditional students.
The UW Independent Learning Flexible Option pilot program course offerings include College Algebra, Elementary Statistics, and a Business Math and Personal Finance Certificate program. Tuition for this program will be covered by scholarships for the first 100 participants.
To participate in the pilot program, please follow these steps:
- Complete the request form on this page and download the program guide.
- Review information on program offerings. Select your program of interest.
- Contact a Student Services representative at 1-877-895-3276 to register and receive an access code for the ALEKS Learning System. The representative can also answer any questions you might have.
- Initiate work on the first module in the program by taking a pre-assessment test in ALEKS.
- Decide how and where to focus your studies. Look through the recommended web-based open sources and other available materials for the module exam.
- When ready, take the first module exam. Continue to work on the other modules as you demonstrate competency through the assessments.
- Successfully complete all assessments for the full module series for your program offering of choice.
- Request a transcript documenting your accomplishment.